It’s easier than you think.
1. Open a BTC Bank checking account
Stop by any BTC Bank branch location at your convenience. We’ll help you select the best checking account for your needs. To make it even faster, have the Customer Information Sheet
filled out when you come in to open your BTC Bank checking account. Find a BTC Bank near you
2. Switch direct deposits
- Paycheck from your employer
- Social Security, Supplemental Security Income, Veterans payments
- Retirement or Unemployment
- Dividends or Interest for CDs, annuities, mutual funds
3. Switch automatic payments
Recurring payments that are automatically debited from your old account, such as utilities, television and phone service, etc., will need to be changed. Use the Automatic Payments Form
and submit to those entities.
4. Stop using your old checking account
Keep your old account open until all outstanding checks have cleared and your automatic payments and transactions have been switched over to your new BTC Bank account.
5. Close your old checking account
Once your checks have cleared and your automatic payments and direct deposits are being successfully deducted or credited from your new BTC Bank account, close your old account using the Close Account Form
Visit or call any of our 12 locations
to meet our employees, experience our service, and learn more about switching to BTC Bank.