Buying a house is a big commitment.
The right home loan can help you move into the house of your dreams with affordable monthly payments that fit your budget. You can enjoy the comfort of having your own space, and the freedom to knock a wall down anytime you want to make a change.
Choosing the right home loan lender can make the whole process easier. With BTC Bank, you’re never just a number in a distant part of the country. Our personal service and sound banking practices give you peace of mind and a friendly person to call whenever you have a question about your application.
What are my home loan options and how do they work?
It has been said that home ownership is an essential part of the American dream. To that end, there are several government-guaranteed loan programs to help first-time buyers. There are also different types of traditional mortgages. BTC Bank offers a full range of home mortgage loans. Learn more about your options here.
These types of mortgages are underwritten by banks, but guaranteed by the federal government, which makes it easier for banks to issue mortgages to specific populations of buyers such as veterans or first-time homeowners without a large down payment.
- VA Loans: Available to eligible service members, veterans, and surviving spouses
- USDA Loans: Help low-and moderate-income buyers in eligible rural areas.
- Adjustable Rate: These loans have an initial fixed interest rate for a certain length of time. After that, your mortgage rate will vary from year to year depending on index rates. Your interest rate could actually go down, but it could also go up, both of which affect your monthly payment. Many people with adjustable rate mortgages either sell their house after the initial fixed period or refinance into a fixed rate loan.
- Fixed Rate: Lock in today’s mortgage rates and make consistent monthly payments toward the principal, interest, and property taxes over the term of your loan. Fixed rate mortgages vary in length from 10, 15, 20, or 30 years.
- Home Equity Loans: Your home equity is the difference between your current mortgage balance and the market value of your home. Once you’ve paid off enough of your mortgage and/or your home’s market value has increased, you can use a home equity loan to borrow money at a low interest rate.
Choose a Community Minded Mortgage Company!
Since 1919, BTC Bank has provided friendly service and sound banking practices to individuals and businesses in Northwest Missouri and Lamoni, Iowa. When it comes to mortgage lenders, we have local expertise, competitive rates, and the flexibility of a community bank. We especially understand the needs of home buyers in the many rural areas we serve. Visit your nearest BTC Bank location
, call 1-877-BTC-BANK
toll-free or contact us online
today to learn more about your mortgage and refinancing options.